Bible teaching with an emphasis on Israel, prophecy and the Jewish roots of Christianity
“The Warrior King (2019)”
David-like Leadership for Goliath-like times
This series originally produced in 2009, Warrior King: David-like Leadership in Goliath-like Times, not only tells the story of King David’s time but also the story of our own time. With challenges larger than Goliath all around us, we need Bible-based leaders now more than ever. Dr. Jeffrey Seif taught this eight-part series from Israel. David and Kirsten Hart join Jeff in the studio for up-to-date analysis of each program’s teachings. We also get location reports from Chaim Malespin and hear the music of Zola Levitt.
Note: A newer version of this series is available.
- 965-19 “The Call”
- Dr. Jeffrey Seif considers how David captured the heart of Israel, how he was selected by the prophet Samuel, and the amazing battle with the giant Goliath that catapulted him to renown.
- 966-19 “David and Saul”
- Unfair trials often checker the road to success. We explore David’s abuse at the hands of King Saul, and his bond with the king’s son Jonathan. We evaluate Saul’s death and David’s gracious response.
- 967-19 “Family”
- The Bible tells of the good, the bad, and the ugly. In this program we look at David’s marriage and family intrigue.
- 968-19 “Wars”
- David was a warrior—a spiritual role model for us all! Philistine, Amalekite, and Ammonite wars are discussed along with modern-day applications.
- 969-19 “Celebrated Warrior King”
- Though anointed by God for kingship, David spent 13 years running from Saul before ascending to the throne himself. As we hear the story of David’s rise to power over all Israel, Jeff fleshes out its applications.
- 970-19 “A Messianic Proto-type”
- The New Testament refers to Jesus as the “Son of David”—with good reason. We examine how the Old Testament predicted a coming Davidic Son.
- 971-19 “Israel’s Sweet Psalmist”
- David’s gift for creating poetry and music shows that he was “in touch” with something beyond the state of his armies. Viewers will benefit from this program’s window into the softer side of the man.
- 972-19 “Messiah”
- Messianic parallels abound in the person of David. In this closing program, we consider their various applications and implications. You’ll walk away saying “He lives!” and, we hope, believing that He lives in you.