Bible teaching with an emphasis on Israel, prophecy and the Jewish roots of Christianity
This program is not available for playing in your browser (see below for alternatives).
Note: You can control playback speed from the gear menu in the player above.
Episode: “Southern Steps”
Myles and Katharine walk along the southern edge of the Temple Mount where Messiah and other worshipers would have entered. Archaeologist Dan Bahat tells us about the location. Eitan Shishkoff looks to a future time when knowledge of the Lord covers the Earth.
Series: “Zion Forever”
This long-awaited, nine-part series looks back at Israel’s history and forward into prophecy while remembering the present status of the Temple Mount, the most contested real estate on Earth. Throughout the series, we hear from Our Man in Haifa Eitan Shishkoff, and Zola Levitt’s music complements the narrative and scenes of Israel.
Caption transcript for Zion Forever: “Southern Steps” (3/9)
- 00:03 where so much of
- 00:04 Bible history took place
- 00:06 especially at the time of Christ.
- 00:07 Absolutely.
- 00:35 For Zion's sake
- 00:37 I will not hold my peace.
- 00:39 And for Jerusalem's sake
- 00:41 I will not rest
- 00:43 until her righteous goes forth as brightness
- 00:46 and her salvation as a lamp that burns.
- 01:00 Shalom
- 01:01 and welcome to our program.
- 01:02 I'm Myles Weiss.
- 01:03 And I'm Katharine Weiss.
- 01:05 We want to welcome you
- 01:06 to our series, Zion Forever.
- 01:07 Its a series focusing on the City of David and the Temple Mount.
- 01:11 Such important places
- 01:13 the most contested real estate in the world.
- 01:15 And not without reason
- 01:17 because God speaks about it
- 01:19 as not only the focus of
- 01:20 where His presence was
- 01:22 where it is
- 01:23 and where it will be.
- 01:25 And it's actually called
- 01:26 Ha Makom - The Place
- 01:27 because its so close to
- 01:28 where the Holy of Holies was.
- 01:30 Its really...
- 01:31 There's nothing like
- 01:33 being on the Southern Steps.
- 01:34 Jesus walked up these steps.
- 01:37 The disciples were on these steps.
- 01:39 The first apostles were on these steps.
- 01:41 And I can't help but think about Anna and Simeon
- 01:44 waiting for the Messiah in this very Temple.
- 01:48 And when Jesus came they saw him
- 01:50 when he was being dedicated as a little baby.
- 01:53 And they were able to see the prophetic word coming forth.
- 01:56 And I believe that God is calling us
- 01:58 to see the prophetic words coming forth
- 02:00 that yes, we're going to hear of wars and rumors of wars
- 02:03 but we're not to look at that.
- 02:05 We're to look up
- 02:06 because our redemption is drawing nigh.
- 02:08 That's so great.
- 02:09 You know the saying...
- 02:11 Jewish people have a saying,
- 02:13 "Two Jews - Three opinions."
- 02:15 It's always possible for us to find something to argue about.
- 02:16 And so it is when you travel in the Land.
- 02:19 There are some sites that are traditional,
- 02:20 some sites that are just wrong,
- 02:22 they're wrongly named.
- 02:23 And others that they are what is called "X" marks the spot.
- 02:26 And this is one of those.
- 02:28 The Southern Steps are the actual...
- 02:29 You can see them;
- 02:31 the difference between the rebuilt, the ancient, the old.
- 02:33 The real place where all this activity took place
- 02:38 and where God will return to.
- 02:40 I think about the controversy over this Land
- 02:44 and the controversy over the establishing of the Nation of Israel.
- 02:48 And it's really a controversy with God Himself.
- 02:51 Because He said what would happen
- 02:54 and He is fulfilling it in our midst.
- 02:56 So, let's go now to our teaching
- 02:59 from the Southern Steps in Jerusalem.
- 03:09 We're here on the Southern Steps.
- 03:11 No question about it,
- 03:12 this is one of those "X" marks the spot places.
- 03:15 The 1st century steps are still here.
- 03:17 We understand that Yeshua taught here.
- 03:19 And we see the massive Herodian stone
- 03:22 going back to the time of the Second Temple.
- 03:25 Above it, Suleiman's building from the 15th century.
- 03:28 But no doubt about it
- 03:29 this is one of those places
- 03:31 where so much of Bible history took place,
- 03:33 especially at the time of Christ.
- 03:35 Absolutely.
- 03:36 You know, Jesus had such a wonderful opportunity
- 03:39 to speak to His people here on these Southern Steps.
- 03:42 He came as a baby.
- 03:44 He was dedicated here.
- 03:46 No doubt that Mary or "Miriam"
- 03:48 went in the Mikva'ot not far from here.
- 03:51 She did a ritual cleansing
- 03:53 before she went up on to the Temple.
- 03:55 And both her and her husband dedicated Jesus there.
- 03:59 Anna and Simeon saw that this was the Messiah.
- 04:03 They said, this is the light to light up the Gentiles
- 04:07 and the glory of Israel,
- 04:10 it says in Luke.
- 04:11 That's right.
- 04:12 This is Luke 2:32.
- 04:13 This is the place where Yeshua was dedicated.
- 04:16 He was most likely circumcised here on the 8th day
- 04:18 He was crucified here in this place.
- 04:20 He was resurrected in Jerusalem.
- 04:22 This is the place that He Himself
- 04:24 called in Matthew 5:35
- 04:27 "The City of the Great King"
- 04:29 referring to Messiah,
- 04:31 referring to Himself.
- 04:33 We know its the City of David
- 04:34 But Yeshua went on to say
- 04:36 it is the City of the Great King
- 04:37 speaking of David's greater Son, Himself.
- 04:40 This place - Yerushalayim
- 04:41 this is the place that was God's heart for the people,
- 04:45 God's place to return to,
- 04:47 the crucifixion, resurrection and ascension.
- 04:49 Not far from here on the Mount of Olives
- 04:52 the ascension took place in Acts 1:12.
- 04:55 Before us Myles
- 04:56 is the Mount of Olives
- 04:58 and down from us the
- 05:00 City of David to this day.,
- 05:02 And we, literally are standing
- 05:04 on the Southern Steps.
- 05:06 You know, Jesus' feet were here.
- 05:08 That's right.
- 05:09 He was, He is, and He is to come.
- 05:11 and we have a privilege
- 05:12 of being able to share the truth
- 05:14 and the realty of this God that we serve
- 05:17 that is able to keep His prophetic Word
- 05:20 to the dot.
- 05:21 This is where the Church was born.
- 05:22 We know that something happened in the Upper Room.
- 05:24 We understand that.
- 05:25 But this is the place
- 05:26 where Peter could preach to 3,000
- 05:28 where the mikvot,the ritual baptisms were here
- 05:31 so that the people could get baptized
- 05:34 as soon as they were saved.
- 05:35 And the Church was most likely born in the upper room
- 05:37 and then brought to the birth here
- 05:39 on the Southern Steps.
- 05:40 Its a real exciting place.
- 05:41 You know, Jesus kept the feasts here.
- 05:43 He came up 3 times.
- 05:45 He told His disciples
- 05:46 that this Temple,
- 05:49 the Temple that we can see the remains of
- 05:50 would be brought down
- 05:52 but that God Himself would return to the City.
- 05:55 In Hebrews 12:22 it says...
- 05:59 God did not forsake His people.
- 06:02 For a season He had a chastisement.
- 06:05 But God has restored them
- 06:07 and we are going to see a new Temple brought
- 06:09 back here in this place.
- 06:11 What a gift to the Gentile world
- 06:13 that my people nationally rejected Yeshua
- 06:16 as Paul wrote about it in Romans 9 through 11.
- 06:19 Paul, who kept the feasts here as well
- 06:21 even after he had his revelation of Yeshua.
- 06:23 He came here as an observant Jew
- 06:25 and kept the feasts.
- 06:27 And was willing to die here as a martyr if needed.
- 06:29 This is the place.
- 06:30 This is one of those places where
- 06:32 we absolutely know the Jewish history took place.
- 06:34 And no one can take that away.
- 06:37 Amen!
- 06:50 We were very blessed to be able to speak to Professor Dan Bahat.
- 06:53 He teaches at the University of Toronto in Canada;
- 06:56 Bar-Ilon University in Israel.
- 06:58 And he is one of the premier archaeologists in the entire Land.
- 07:02 Let's go now, to hear the interview
- 07:04 with Myles and Professor Dan Bahat.
- 07:08 Dr. Bahat, thank you so much for your time here.
- 07:11 We understand this,
- 07:13 the Southern Steps,
- 07:14 the way up to the Temple.
- 07:15 But there's some very significant findings
- 07:17 that you have regarding the true meaning of these places,
- 07:20 the true history here.
- 07:22 Well, first of all,
- 07:23 we're facing the Southern
- 07:24 Wall of the Temple Mount.
- 07:26 And the Southern Wall was the most important wall
- 07:30 during the 2nd Temple period
- 07:32 because the greatest part of the population of Jerusalem
- 07:34 lived further south in the City of David
- 07:37 on Mount Zion,
- 07:38 on the southern part of Mount Zion.
- 07:40 And so most of the people came to the Temple Mount
- 07:42 through this side
- 07:44 where there are 2 gates which are very famous;
- 07:46 the one which is called the Triple Gate
- 07:48 which we see here,
- 07:50 and another one which is the Double Gate.
- 07:52 It is a very meaningful thing
- 07:54 and I'll say that it shows the continuity, actually
- 07:58 of Jewish life in this country.
- 08:01 In what sense?
- 08:02 The Southern Wall was the most important wall for the Jews
- 08:07 for many, many generations;
- 08:09 actually, till the 17th century
- 08:11 when the Western Wall praying plaza took the place of the Southern Wall.
- 08:16 That's a very unusual change in people's thinking.
- 08:19 Our viewers have always considered that to be
- 08:21 an ancient basis for prayer at the Western Wall.
- 08:23 But you believe that this is...
- 08:25 It's not a matter of belief,
- 08:28 it is a matter of historical documentation.
- 08:30 And I'll tell you why this one was more attractive.
- 08:32 Because here they knew that the two Gates in the South
- 08:35 are still of Herod's time.
- 08:38 Unfortunately the Western of the two gates here,
- 08:43 the Double Gate,
- 08:44 when you inside before it was completely blocked
- 08:47 you can still see Herodian decoration.
- 08:50 Actually its the best preserved part of Herod's Temple Mount
- 08:55 which can be seen on the Temple Mount itself
- 08:57 because all the rest was changed when the Muslims conquered the country
- 09:00 and they destroyed all the previous things
- 09:03 and built actually the two mosques.
- 09:05 Yes
- 09:06 And the thing is that for the Jews,
- 09:09 when they saw the gate with the decoration
- 09:11 which they knew was Herodian
- 09:15 they of course were much more attracted to this side than to the others.
- 09:19 It is very difficult to explain
- 09:21 and it's a long story
- 09:23 why the Western Wall became the Holy place for the Jews today.
- 09:27 Although, the first time when we hear about Jews praying there
- 09:31 the general prayer which you see today
- 09:33 is only from 1655.
- 09:36 Which means 17th century.
- 09:38 Anyhow, the Western Wall was all covered by buildings.
- 09:42 Because remember the prayer plaza which you see today
- 09:45 is only one-ninth of the entire length Western Wall.
- 09:49 It was covered.
- 09:50 All the rest was covered.
- 09:52 But in 1546 there was a severe earthquake.
- 09:56 And that one destroyed the buildings
- 09:59 which were covering the Western Wall plaza.
- 10:00 So it was exposed only for the first time in the middle of the 16th century.
- 10:04 But it took a century till it became a place of prayer.
- 10:08 So you see the process is very long.
- 10:09 Yes, that's a revolutionary understanding for our viewers.
- 10:13 I understand also that there's a misnomer about these gates,
- 10:16 the name conventionally.
- 10:18 Yes, yes...
- 10:19 In general, when people come here
- 10:22 they call it Huldah Gate which is a misnomer, definitely.
- 10:25 I'll tell you why.
- 10:26 Because the only place where we have the names of the Temple Mount
- 10:30 is in the Mishnah
- 10:31 which is the Jewish secondary legal system.
- 10:34 I'm not going into it.
- 10:36 And there the Southern walls of the Temple Mount
- 10:38 which is not this one,
- 10:40 it is the pre-Herodian one
- 10:42 which it still underlies the Temple Mount today.
- 10:44 There, the Southern wall which must be somewhere
- 10:47 around the area closer to where the Temple was.
- 10:51 There's Huldah Gate.
- 10:53 And that's why people believe that the Southern walls are...
- 10:57 They didn't understand that we are speaking here about another Temple Mount.
- 11:01 I understand.
- 11:03 Usually, you know, people who want to emphasize the coming of Messiah and so on
- 11:06 they speak about the 3rd Temple.
- 11:07 Yes
- 11:08 The 3rd Temple existed a long time ago.
- 11:10 Herod's Temple was the 4th.
- 11:12 which means if they want to see another Temple
- 11:14 it will be the 5th in line.
- 11:16 This 1st one, built by Solomon destroyed by Nebuchadnezzer.
- 11:19 The 2nd one built by the patriarchs from Babylon
- 11:23 and was completely defaced or changed.
- 11:26 Somewhere in the 3rd century BCE
- 11:29 when another Temple was built
- 11:32 the pre-Herodian one which is mentioned in the Mishnah.
- 11:35 And its very important
- 11:37 because if we say we refer to the Mishnah
- 11:39 as the basis to the Jewish religious legal system,
- 11:42 when they give all the laws of purity and everything
- 11:45 it refers to that Temple there
- 11:47 which is the pre-Herodian.
- 11:49 The Herodian Temple Mount was considered of lesser importance
- 11:53 and therefore it was allowed to the Gentiles.
- 11:56 And is what the New Testament calls the court of the Gentiles.
- 12:00 And you remember this episode
- 12:01 when Paul is coming with two Greeks.
- 12:04 And everybody is shouting at him
- 12:05 and tell him go to their area.
- 12:07 Which is their area?
- 12:08 The Herodian enhancement of the Temple Mount.
- 12:11 WOW
- 12:12 This is revolutionary for many of our viewers.
- 12:14 I can imagine so but that's history of facts.
- 12:28 What right does Israel have to her Land?
- 12:31 What would you say if you were asked?
- 12:34 In this week's resource
- 12:36 "Israel's Right to the Land"
- 12:38 You'll read 12 astounding facts
- 12:40 that will silence all objections
- 12:42 Calling it accurate fair
- 12:45 and scripturally authoritative
- 12:47 Zola Levitt recommended
- 12:49 this booklet written by
- 12:51 Dr. David L. Hocking
- 12:52 Call 1-800-WONDERS
- 12:54 or go to levitt.com
- 12:58 Zola Levitt Ministries
- 12:59 has been reaching out
- 13:00 to Jews and Gentiles since 1979.
- 13:03 Two things make that possible.
- 13:05 God's grace
- 13:07 and your continued support.
- 13:09 We have a long track record
- 13:10 of being good stewards
- 13:12 with the resources that are given to us.
- 13:14 And we want to thank you for being part of what we do.
- 13:18 Your donations are very much appreciated.
- 13:20 As always, thank you.
- 13:28 We are so grateful
- 13:29 for your gifts of funds.
- 13:31 You know, Myles
- 13:32 without the support
- 13:33 of our faithful viewers
- 13:34 we wouldn't be able
- 13:35 to bring these stories
- 13:36 or share the passion
- 13:38 that God has for this Land.
- 13:39 Yeah, its a really a blessing for us.
- 13:41 I hope it is for you as well.
- 13:43 I know it is.
- 13:44 You know it's hard to believe
- 13:45 when you see the scope
- 13:46 of these stones
- 13:47 that they were actually
- 13:49 able to be put in place
- 13:51 and Dr. Bahat will explain that
- 13:52 but the other part
- 13:53 that's amazing
- 13:54 Is that Yeshua predicted
- 13:56 in Matthew 24:2...
- 14:01 And we know that in 70 AD everything changed
- 14:03 for the Temple Mount and for that area.
- 14:06 So, let's go now
- 14:07 to the continuation
- 14:08 of our interview with Dr. Bahat.
- 14:12 Dr. Bahat
- 14:13 a stone of this size,
- 14:15 our viewers are fascinated by this,
- 14:17 How could the Romans back in those days,
- 14:19 How could they get something like this into place?
- 14:21 Not the Romans ...the Jews.
- 14:22 Thank you.
- 14:23 It is Herod's Temple Mount.
- 14:25 Let us start to walk along that stone
- 14:26 to give the impression.
- 14:27 Here it starts
- 14:28 and it goes all the way,
- 14:30 we are walking along it.
- 14:31 Look at that.
- 14:33 This is one single stone.
- 14:34 One single stone
- 14:36 reaching as far as here.
- 14:37 And again, it is not the largest stone
- 14:39 we have got on the Temple Mount.
- 14:41 The question is of course,
- 14:42 how did they do it?
- 14:44 They did it by using two means
- 14:47 which in the Roman period was known.
- 14:49 Number one, pulleys.
- 14:51 And as you know, every curve in the pulley
- 14:53 reduces the weight in half.
- 14:56 And the other thing,
- 14:57 enormous cranes.
- 14:58 Which were maneuvered
- 14:59 by people stepping in a big wheel
- 15:02 which was harnessed to the beam which held the thing.
- 15:05 Fascinating.
- 15:07 At any rate, the question which should be asked,
- 15:08 why did they do it?
- 15:10 I believe that those big stones
- 15:12 are the counter force to a vault inside the Temple Mount.
- 15:16 The same thing we have got in the Western Wall
- 15:18 with a stone which is even much larger.
- 15:20 Not only that, I'd like to mention that the Southern Wall
- 15:23 was completely and deliberately demolished
- 15:26 by the Romans
- 15:28 when they built Jerusalem as a pagan city.
- 15:32 And as you probably know,
- 15:33 even the Roman Temple,
- 15:35 the main Temple of Jerusalem
- 15:37 was built by stones which were taken from here
- 15:40 later to be re-used
- 15:42 when Constantine built the first Church of the Sepulchre.
- 15:44 Byzantine
- 15:45 Yes
- 15:57 Talk about a Jewish presence in this Land,
- 15:59 The Jewish Messiah, Yeshua HaMashiach - Jesus
- 16:02 walked on these very steps in the 1st century.
- 16:05 He was here teaching
- 16:07 and He spoke about it.
- 16:08 He spoke about teaching daily in the Temple from this place.
- 16:11 Can you imagine pilgrims coming up...
- 16:13 Three times a year coming up these steps.
- 16:16 The steps are staggered,
- 16:18 so it's very difficult to walk up them in your natural strength.
- 16:21 Brilliant, that God made sure that as the pilgrims would
- 16:24 come up these steps three times a year
- 16:27 they would have to adjust their walk
- 16:29 because it was uncomfortable to keep their regular stride.
- 16:32 It almost couldn't be done.
- 16:34 In fact, the Huldah Gates here were called the Gates of Mercy
- 16:37 because out of these gates
- 16:39 would flow those who were in mourning.
- 16:41 And if you stood there and gave a gift to them,
- 16:44 it was considered an act of mercy.
- 16:46 You could go in one way and out the other.
- 16:48 But if you went the opposite way
- 16:50 because you were in mourning
- 16:51 people would give you a gift of finance.
- 16:54 And that's why Yeshua referred
- 16:55 to the gift of mercy on the Mount of Beatitudes.
- 16:59 He said, blessed are the merciful
- 17:01 for they shall receive mercy.
- 17:02 And that was a spiritual application
- 17:04 but it was also was very practical
- 17:06 because it was here that those in mourning
- 17:08 could receive a blessing,
- 17:09 a literal blessing from the other pilgrims.
- 17:12 So it was a two-way blessing
- 17:14 both for the giver and those that received.
- 17:17 You know, this is a historical site
- 17:19 and there's no question, that it is the place
- 17:22 that He referred to
- 17:23 when He said that not one stone would be left upon each other.
- 17:27 And then in 70 AD, Titus and the 10th Legion of Rome came
- 17:30 and leveled this place just as He predicted.
- 17:33 And, you know, it brings us to mind of the...
- 17:35 really the interplay between the temporal and the eternal.
- 17:40 There's the Mishkan in the wilderness,
- 17:42 the tabernacle where the Ark of the Covenant was.
- 17:44 But it was temporary.
- 17:46 There's the Beit Ha'Mikdash,
- 17:48 the Temple here, where the Ark was,
- 17:50 and where the Presence of God dwelt,
- 17:52 and where HaMakom, "The Place" exists.
- 17:54 And yet, also temporal because it looks forward
- 17:58 to the person of Messiah.
- 18:00 Yeshua Himself said in Matthew 12:6...
- 18:05 referring to Himself...
- 18:14 speaking of His own body...
- 18:15 And that's exactly what happened.
- 18:17 After the resurrection...
- 18:19 or, at the time of the cross
- 18:21 the veil was rent in the Temple
- 18:23 and it opened the way for us to come in to be with Him forever.
- 18:27 He opened the way for Jew and Gentile.
- 18:30 Looks back, even to the time of David.
- 18:32 Think about this.
- 18:33 David bought this threshing floor from Ornan, a Jebusite.
- 18:37 A picture of the coming together in the future
- 18:41 of the Gentiles, the Jebusites;
- 18:43 and the Jews, King David and David's greater son Yeshua.
- 18:46 There's coming a day when Jews and Gentiles
- 18:49 will worship the LORD together in the earth.
- 18:51 What a day we have to look forward to.
- 18:54 There's no question about it,
- 18:56 that this is Ha Makom.
- 18:58 In there is "the place" where the Glory was;
- 19:01 where the Holy of Holies was.
- 19:03 But, always, a foreshadowing of the Person of Messiah.
- 19:07 He is the Alef and the Tav...
- 19:09 The Alpha and Omega.
- 19:10 He is "Ha Rishon v'Ha'acharon",
- 19:13 the First and the Last.
- 19:14 Yeshua is Ha Makom.
- 19:17 He is "The Place".
- 19:24 I love hearing the Word of God
- 19:26 taught in the Land of God.
- 19:28 You know, there's nothing like it.
- 19:30 And Myles taught so well about Ha Makom, "The Place".
- 19:33 God's resting place.
- 19:35 And we know that Jesus is that place for us today.
- 19:38 We're going to hear a little bit more
- 19:40 from "Our Man in Haifa".
- 19:41 So let's go now to Eitan Shishkoff.
- 19:47 Shalom...
- 19:48 As we read in the book of Isaiah
- 19:50 we read a statement that says that...
- 19:57 Now, just as you can research things
- 20:00 very easily today on Google,
- 20:01 I did the same thing.
- 20:03 Because I was curious,
- 20:04 how much of the earth is covered with water.
- 20:07 And it turns out, over 70% of the earth's surface
- 20:10 is covered with water.
- 20:12 And over 95% of that is with the oceans of the world.
- 20:17 Of course, this is the Mediterranean Sea,
- 20:19 technically not an ocean
- 20:21 but definitly a very, very major body of water upon the earth.
- 20:26 And as its name would indicate,
- 20:28 "Mediterranean" means "the middle of the earth".
- 20:31 Its been considered through history that
- 20:34 this has been the focal point;
- 20:36 and when you study history,
- 20:37 it really has been.
- 20:39 So, looking at Isaiah's formula
- 20:43 I believe that this statement was given for our encouragement
- 20:47 that ultimately, prophetically
- 20:50 there's going to be such a spread
- 20:52 of the knowledge of the Glory of God
- 20:54 that the entire world eventually will see it.
- 20:57 And I want to read something here
- 20:59 that really struck me just a moment ago
- 21:01 because after this statement we read...
- 21:15 So there's something that the sea speaks to us
- 21:18 of the universality of this message of redemption
- 21:22 through the God of Israel and His Messiah, Yeshua.
- 21:24 That...that's exciting to me
- 21:27 because I believe that the love of God is
- 21:30 so universal that it covers the world.
- 21:34 Of course, we know the verse
- 21:37 that every young child learns in Sunday School,
- 21:39 that...
- 21:46 So this worldwide knowledge of the Glory of God is coming.
- 21:49 And I think that you would agree with me its about time.
- 21:53 The world is needing it.
- 21:55 But be encouraged.
- 21:56 I think this is also a sign for us
- 21:58 to be strengthened in our faith
- 22:00 and to look ahead
- 22:01 and even to encourage those around us
- 22:03 that God cares about every human being
- 22:07 that's alive on the earth today.
- 22:10 The knowledge of the Glory of God
- 22:12 will cover the earth
- 22:13 as the waters cover the sea.
- 22:15 Thank you
- 22:17 ♪...will come to rule His own ♪
- 22:21 ♪ A thousand years, a thousand years ♪
- 22:26 ♪ He'll come to rule His own ♪
- 22:31 ♪ The King will come to dwell, haMelech Yisrael ♪
- 22:40 ♪ A thousand years, a thousand years ♪
- 22:45 ♪ haMelech Yisrael ♪
- 22:52 ♪ Yerushalayim I will come at last ♪
- 22:55 ♪ And when a thousand years have finally past ♪
- 22:59 ♪ I will see the new Jerusalem descending, ♪
- 23:03 ♪ I will be there for the grand and glorious ending, ♪
- 23:07 ♪ Out of heaven I will see a city come, ♪
- 23:10 ♪ and I will live forever in Jerusalem. ♪
- 23:17 ♪ And then Jerusalem you'll sing Baruch haShem ♪
- 23:26 ♪ A thousand years, a thousand years ♪
- 23:31 ♪ you'll sing Baruch haShem ♪
- 23:36 ♪ Your King who came before ♪
- 23:41 ♪ Your King forever more ♪
- 23:45 ♪ A thousand years, a thousand years ♪
- 23:50 ♪ Your King forever more ♪♪ (♪ forever more ♪♪)
- 24:08 I hope you can hear
- 24:09 in Zola's lyrics
- 24:10 a wonderful
- 24:12 eschatological teaching
- 24:14 regarding the end of time
- 24:15 the end of days
- 24:16 and really we're
- 24:17 coming up on that time.
- 24:19 We see the signs of the end
- 24:20 and it's very exciting.
- 24:21 A little daunting
- 24:22 but very exciting.
- 24:23 Oh, there's nothing like it.
- 24:24 A thousand years
- 24:25 He will reign in this place.
- 24:27 We cannot look at
- 24:28 what the world is
- 24:30 portraying Jerusalem as
- 24:31 or even our natural senses
- 24:34 are seeing it as a war zone.
- 24:37 But it is actually
- 24:38 "The Place"
- 24:39 It is the Place
- 24:41 of His resting place.
- 24:42 It is the place
- 24:43 that He talks about
- 24:44 over and over again
- 24:46 The Psalmist goes on and on
- 24:47 about the longing
- 24:48 that He has for Zion.
- 24:50 I remember as a new believer
- 24:52 thinking, what is this Zion?
- 24:54 And Zion is Jerusalem.
- 24:56 And not only Jerusalem,
- 24:58 it is the people,
- 24:59 it is them coming back to the fullness
- 25:02 of what God's ordained for them to walk in.
- 25:04 You know, I remember in Bible College
- 25:05 a preacher would here and there, now and then
- 25:07 make a joke about preaching a long sermon.
- 25:09 He would call it
- 25:11 "I spoke from Genesis to Maps"
- 25:12 Meaning even beyond Revelation.
- 25:14 But you know, there's a hidden truth in that
- 25:16 that is no longer hidden.
- 25:17 But the fact is with the re-establishing
- 25:19 of the Land and the people in the Land
- 25:22 we recognize that this is a literal, physical
- 25:25 restoration that is taking place.
- 25:27 And really, the scripture is Genesis to Maps
- 25:29 because it includes this greater Israel,
- 25:32 this future Land,
- 25:33 this place that God will rule and reign from for a thousand years.
- 25:37 And I think about the push that is coming
- 25:41 against the people of Israel, against the Jewish people.
- 25:44 Dr. Martin Luther King said
- 25:47 that to be anti-Zionist is to be anti-Semitic.
- 25:52 In fact, he said it's inherently anti-Semitic.
- 25:55 And I would go a step further.
- 25:56 I would say that it's anti-Christ.
- 25:58 That may sound radical to you.
- 26:00 The fact is, "Christ" is the Greek word
- 26:02 for "Messiach" - Messiah.
- 26:04 It's a Jewish concept, a Jewish word.
- 26:06 To be anti-Zionist is to be anti-Semitic
- 26:10 and to be anti- the Jewish Messiah.
- 26:13 So if you are a believer
- 26:14 you must also be part of...
- 26:16 I would beg you to be part of the understanding that
- 26:20 the restoration of Israel and the Jewish people
- 26:23 is part of our story as believers.
- 26:26 And you and I both have been praying
- 26:29 and calling the Church to pray for Israel.
- 26:31 And I believe that there's an awakening happening
- 26:33 in the Church like never before.
- 26:36 They are calling them to awake, awake...
- 26:38 put on strength of Zion.
- 26:40 In Isaiah 52:1
- 26:54 You know, there's coming a time just like that
- 26:56 that we are looking for.
- 26:58 It's in our time Myles.
- 26:59 And it's not too far off.
- 27:01 And so we have a holy call on all of us.
- 27:03 God's chosen you,
- 27:04 He's ordained you in this generation to be born.
- 27:06 And you are to walk in faith
- 27:08 and walk in His victory.
- 27:10 Amen.
- 27:11 And that is why we like to end our programs by reminding you
- 27:16 Psalm 122:6 tells us
- 27:19 Sha'alu Shalom Yerushalayim.
- 27:21 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
- 27:25 Our monthly newsletter
- 27:27 the Levitt Letter is free
- 27:29 and full of insightful articles and news commentary
- 27:31 from a Messianic perspective.
- 27:33 Visit levitt.com to find our Newsletter
- 27:36 along with current and past programs
- 27:38 our television schedule
- 27:40 and much more.
- 27:42 Don't forget to order this week's resource
- 27:43 by calling 1-800-WONDERS
- 27:46 or you can purchase it from our Catalogue at levitt.com
- 27:51 Your donations to Zola Levitt Ministries
- 27:53 help these organizations bless Israel.
- The Place
- Western Wall
- Southern Steps
- Kidron Valley
- Valley of Elah
- Ein Gedi
- Temple Mount
- Mount of Olives
- In the Meantime
Guest organizations and links